Monday, December 12, 2011

Waffles and Water Polo

My favorite thing about starting a blog so far is that I have become more intentional about realizing, celebrating, and sharing the little joys in life. Even in the most stressful week of the semester, I am surrounded with blessings. It would be so easy for me to go through a week like finals without taking the time to appreciate the good stuff, but in the long run a test won't matter. The people I surround myself with and the memories I make in college are far more important.



One particular blessing in my week is the Indiana University Swim Club. Tonight was the second night of IUSC Christmas, and we got Indiana Basketball Bumper Stickers to celebrate the win against Kentucky on Saturday. The Hoosiers are ranked twentieth, marking the first time they have been ranked since I have been a student.


I am really glad that I got to see Emily today at practice. She is such a sweet girl and I loved getting to know her better throughout the semester. Please keep her brother in your prayers as he continues to recover from being ill.

Tonight we had a lot of people at practice and decided to spend the evening playing a friendly game of Water Polo.




It was a nice change from swimming laps, and I enjoyed it because I haven't been able to come to any Water Polo Wednesdays this semester.



There is a rule that you have to pass the ball three times and that one of the passes has to be to a girl before you can try to score a point. I like this rule a lot because it allows everyone a chance to contribute to the team.




Everyone played an awesome game tonight. It was really cool to see people getting involved and cheering on their teammates. Justina scored the game winning shot, making her the Christian Watford of IUSC Water Polo.




After practice, Mary Ellen and I went to go get waffles and ice cream at the center building of the Union Street Center Apartments. Ice cream is always something to celebrate, but ice cream and waffles together is absolutely divine. There were three choices of waffles: Belgian, strawberry, and blueberry. I went with half Belgian and have strawberry.


Mary Ellen ordered strawberry and blueberry. We decided that it was the ultimate American waffle. (The left side was more blue than purple when it was done baking).



I am extremely grateful for my roommates this semester. Since I didn't know them before we all came down in August, I was extremely nervous to see whether or not we would get along. Now, at the end of the semester, I can honestly say that they are the best roommates I have ever had. I am so grateful that we got placed together this semester. Mary Ellen and I have spent countless hours studying and watching movies in the living room. I love her sense of humor and the conversations we share about our lives. I cannot wait to move into the house with her and Christina next year.



After dinner with Mary Ellen, I went to the Union to "study". I ended up mostly watching the boys play the Wikipedia game. Studying with friends was a good reminder that even though finals are difficult, there are always people who understand the stress and are there to support me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment